Day 5 is in full swing and we 4 fat girls have overcome the obstacle of time (making sure we workout every day), muscle soreness, and humility; for were we not able to laugh at ourselves, we probably would have made it this far.
Though we have come so far, we still have a long way to go and do still have one major cloud lingering above us. Food. We all have different food issues, and in some instances share multiple food issues, that we are working to overcome.
1. We are hungry all the time. Between we 4 fat girls, two if us could eat any time of day regardless of how long ago we last ate, what we ate, or how much we ate; the other two are more hungry now that we are working out.
2. We overeat.
3. We don’t prepare.
4. We love junk, in all varieties.
So, now that we are aware, what do we do? We fix it, of course. That doesn’t mean we don’t fail or struggle, but together we are slowly making progress, and its been great.
We all started making better choices: not skipping breakfast, green smoothies over fast food, bringing healthy lunches, etc. That being said, the following quotes are straight from the mouths of 4 fat girls.
1. During a conversation about whether or not to rent/lease a home between two of we 4 fat girls, a third fat girl chimes in, “Did you say cheeseburger?”
2. This pic says Lazy girl problem, but is definitely a fat girl problem.
3. An argument breaks out over new pens…fat girl a was given A was given a pen, fat girl B wanted a pen…until she realized it was a pen “oh, its not a sucker?”
4. And finally, when asked what her biggest food issue was, (in preparation for today’s blog) one of we 4 fat girls responded “I am in such a hurry to get home and workout that I get fast food for dinner.”
Funny thing about fat girls and food, we don’t like to share our junk food.
We are a work in progress though and are trying harder everyday to make better choices and share what we have learned with each other. We constantly remind each other that not all salads are healthy, peanut M&M’s are not a good source of protein, we cannot out-exercise a bad diet, and that this is a lifestyle change, not corporal punishment.
We are challenged everyday with cravings, but together we reign them in.
We also like to reward ourselves after a long week of hard work but must also remind ourselves not to drink away (or eat) our progress.
And finally, we must remind ourselves of the consequences or our actions.
As a reminder for we 4 fat girls, here are some of our worst enemies and their burpee equivalent:
Dr. Pepper…32 OZ…450 CAL…283 BURPEES…get busy ladies!
Ranch…8 tbsp (the size of the container in the cafe)…584 cal…367 BURPEES
Kettle Chips (1 bag)…375 cal…235 BURPEES
Chik-fil-A breakfast burrito…440 cal…276 BURPEES
McD’s egg mcmuffin meal…550 cal…283 BURPEES
Average mexican restaurant meal…1282 cal…806 BURPEES (OMG)
As a point of reference, I asked one of we 4 fat girls to stop and do some burpees and see how many she could crank out before she tired…it was 6. ROLF!
With this in mind, let us be more cognizant of what we shovel in our mouths this weekend, shall we? And remember…